• Schedule for Week of Oct 2, 2016
• Early, Reis Q3 2016 Office Survey of rents and vacancy rates.
• At 10:00 AM, ISM Manufacturing Index for September. The consensus is for the ISM to be at 50.2, up from 49.4 in August. The employment index was at 48.3%, and the new orders index was at 49.1%.
• Also at 10:00 AM, Construction Spending for August. The consensus is for a 0.3% increase in construction spending.
• All Day, Light vehicle sales for September. The consensus is for light vehicle sales to increase to 17.4 million SAAR in September, from 16.9 million in August (Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate).
Oil prices were up over the last week with WTI futures at $47.88 per barrel and Brent at $50.19 per barrel. A year ago, WTI was at $46, and Brent was at $47 – so oil prices are UP year-over-year.
Here is a graph from Gasbuddy.com for nationwide gasoline prices. Nationally prices are at $2.22 per gallon (down less than $0.10 per gallon from a year ago).